We are seeking a talented full-time Manager Finance, Projects to join our team.
About the role:
StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico, one of the largest fully integrated real estate companies in western Canada, and we are seeking a Manager Finance, Projects to join our team. Reporting to the Vice President, the Manager Finance, Projects contributes to StreetSide Developments success by ensuring that finance and accounting-related processes and actions are orderly and effective. This will enable others in the organization to make well-informed decisions by providing them with timely, accurate and useful financial data and advice.
More specifically, the role will include, but not be limited to:
- Strategy, Leadership and general management which includes annual operating budget, and interfacing with Corporate Office and the Regional Branch Controller.
- General Business Operations & Improvements which includes divisional financial planning (including annual budget).
- General accounting, including general payables, receivables and periodic financial reporting, which includes risk management (insurance, indemnifications and property tax). People development and performance management.
- StreetSide’s official NewStar liaison.
- Multi-family construction which includes conducting comprehensive sunset review.
- Project Control/Support and Asset Management which includes development of project budgets and in-progress revisions, cost monitoring, control and reporting, inventory, etc.
- Amalgamation and comprehensive reporting of financial information.
- Sales and Customer & Community engagement which includes sales administration (commissions) and developing project price maps.
- Degree or Certificate in Finance or Accounting is required.
- Accounting or Finance designation is preferred.
- Experience in the housing industry and the multi-family development sector or a closely aligned industry, is an asset.
- Proficient knowledge and experience with computers: Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work under deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Self-motivated while also showing a high affinity and potential for continued learning and growth.
- Your technical business acumen is supported by exceptional people skills.
- You believe in and mirror StreetSide’s core values that center on relationship-building, accountability, quality, integrity and teamwork
- Satisfactory verification of Criminal Record Check.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit their cover letter and resume to Careers.firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00 pm on July 12, 2019